Hello!

I'm hoping to set up a turn-based combat system where each combatant has 3 levels per each ability, and at the start of it's turn (or the start of the round, which I was happy to hear will be implemented in the next update!) each of its abilities gains a level, to a max of 3. When you use the ability, it goes back down to level 1.

I figured this was easily done as part of my default Turn Start Event, but I didn't see the option to adjust the levels of any abilities in any of the relevant nodes. You can add abilities (temporary or otherwise) at a set level, as well as select abilities and forget abilities, but there doesn't seem to be a way to level them up or down.

I also checked the Level Up settings options under Base Settings within each ability, and there are some great Level Up Types built in... but none of them seemed capable of what I needed at a glance.

Any way around this, by chance?
  • Hm, you can change the use level via input keys, but I don't think there's currently a way to do that via the event system - so currently you'd have to do this via adding/removing abilities (e.g. temporary abilities) instead.

I'll look into adding a node for use level changes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • A node would be a lifesaver!

I thought about removing and adding temporary abilities -- but I'm not sure how I could get the event system to identify which abilities a combatant started with and then replace them with identical temporary abilities but a level higher.

I appreciate the response!
  • New node will be in the next update :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thank you so much! :)!