edited March 2021 in ORK Support
Hey Gil,

I spent some time tonight digging through old old posts.. I managed to make a script that allows me to change my character name to anything within bounds length..

That got me thinking about titles.. so I looked again through the history, and found a few references. I managed to do a Select Combatant, Store Selected Data Content for the name, and save it as Name, it passed the store and asked for a prefix, I have it saved as value like it should be, as Prefix.. then I get to Set Combatant Name and it apparently wants text codes to do 2 variables at once from what I have read up, but I can't seem to get it to work..

I am using from Global is Set Combatant Name to call the key names, and tried
#varstring.Prefix##varstring.Name#
also #varstring.Prefix# + #varstring.Name#
and #varstring.Prefix##combatant.name0# as the player is Index 0..

None worked.. I get to enter the Prefix, then when I accept it leaves the name as is. I assume my syntax is wrong on the text codes.. I tried to go into Menu Text Codes and do the text for this there and the caller %title and use that in the Set Combatant Name and it doesn't work either. Likely syntax again I think or I am doing something wrong.

Any guidance would be awesome. Thanks Gil :)

Nevermind, I looked again, and changed to the proper codes.. #varstringPrefix##varstringName#
Then tried to call it from a Value and not a Game Variable and it worked as it should.
Problem solved, sorry for the post!

Mel
Post edited by Melchiah on
  • Yep, the variable text codes are #varstringKEY# not #varstring.KEY# :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!