edited April 2021 in ORK Support
I think I have discovered a strange bug.

In mecanim animation settings, I am calculating Speed Value for the playback speed of the mecanim animation.
It says, that when it's above 1, the animation playback speed will be higher.

When I set up my attack event and add Combatant Animation node with Normalized Wait Time e.g. 0.5 I am not getting the right number back.

Example:
My combatant basic attack animation takes 2s by default. My attack speed formula for calculating Speed Value based on combatant attack speed is 1.5. This means, the animation should take 2 / 1.5 = 1.33seconds instead of 2. So far, no issue and all works as expected.

However, when I try to get normalized wait time (e.g. 0.5) in the event I am getting a result of 2 * 1.5 * 0.5 = 1.5s. I think there is a bug that instead of division, there is multiplication.

I am not even uncertain atm, I am sure there is a bug. Normalized time set up like this, returns a wrong value:

Simply if my Speed Value modifier was 100, my monster combatant would be animated 100 times faster, but if I used normalized time to wait for e.g. 0.5, it would wait DEFAULT DURATION OF THE ANIMATION * 100 * 0.5.
Post edited by zatokar on
  • I assume that's where you're using the fixed animation duration, right?
    The fixed duration is currently fixed, i.e. not impacted by the animator speed at all.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!