Hi.
Recently I'm making money by releasing games using ork.
Thanks to Amazing Tool.

So, I'm curious about the best practices during live service. (Especially when saving/loading data)

My scenario.
Currently, there are 80 StatusValue Indexes in the editor.
so Each EquipShortcuts have 80 statusValues.
In this situation, when i save/load data, if I increase the length of the editor's statusValue to 90, how does it affect the statusValue of equipShortcuts that users have when they load the game?
(for example, data of one equipshortcut is stored as follows. (JSON serialization)

"stringData": {
"guid": "f1bbc3f015be40269ca91830f450caab",
"name": "",
"description": "",
"_type": "EquipShortcut"
},
"intArrayData": {
"statusValue": [
],
In my opinion, when load the data,the above Status array seems to match the editor's index by 1 VS1.
(i.e. Equipshortcut.StatusValue[0] = above array index[0])

so
I have a question here.

1. when i release Game Update to AppStore for new StatusValues
What value goes into the index of the editor that does not match the index of the loaded Equipshortcut status array?
Are there any errors?
(When loading a save game from old game version that had lower statusValue array length)

2. If the array length of Equipshortcut is 40 (above json array length)and the index length of the editor is reduced to 30(when i delete existing indexes for unused status values),
does an error occur in this situation?
(It seems that the wrong value will be assigned due to the wrong match.)

With the new OrkProject.asset's data, in a game that is updated frequently, it seems that i think Ork's editor indexes should be handled carefully.
  • Changes in the number of status values are covered when loading the data, i.e. neither reducing nor increasing the number of status values will cause errors.
    Reducing will just not set the values exceeding the new number of status values, increasing will add additional values (0) to the array.

However, changing the sorting or e.g. removing status values somewhere in the middle will cause the indexes of the loaded values and the status values to no longer match, e.g. adding a bonus to the wrong status values.

This data is btw. only for the random status values (and status value changes you e.g. do via the event system) and don't impact the Bonus Settings of the equipment.

So, instead of removing a status value, I'd recommend using the Hidden option of a status value to hide it from the player instead when updating an already released game.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!