edited May 2021 in ORK Support
hi
i am trying to implement the following system through Ork's quest system.
Quest 1 name "Tutorial Quest"
Quest Task 10
name each
"Level 1"~"Level 10"

Each task is cleared when a monster kill or a specific action variable(level up button clicked etc..) is raised.

The problem is, I want to display these situations in my custom ui.

1. Is there a way to access the current player's active quest, current task stage(level1~10),progress(3/10),rewards, etc. through scripting? (Not in editor data access, in a running game currently player have)

2. When the quest above is in the Level 3 Task stage, does the script automatically recognize the current stage? Or do I need to compare the current task stages through a switch statement?

Post edited by KESHYAS on
  • You can access the player's quests via ORK.Game.Quests, which has various functions to manage and get quests/tasks.

E.g. if you want to get a specific quest:
    Quest quest = ORK.Game.Quests.GetQuest(questID);
    questID is the ID/index of the quest.

Or to get all active quests:
    List<Quest> activeQuests = ORK.Game.Quests.GetQuestsByType(false, -1, false, true, false, false);
    The various parameters here let you limit to a specific quest type and quest states. The parameter name are pretty straightforward, so your IDE should give you enough information to use them :)

The Quest instances you get here are not the settings of the quest, but give you access to the settings and the quest's tasks, etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!