edited June 2021 in ORK Support
1)I'd like to replace the movement events with my own fx text. How do I grab the string I passed into the movement event?

For example:

+%(%n)

I'd like to grab the result of that in the movement function and just pass that to a custom function or something of that nature.

Moreover, is it possible to grab the damage value from a Calculate node?

---
2) A completely separate question, I have a base armor "Random Uncommon Head" which I randomize the values, name, ect in the Init Game Event. I have these in the shop and they do randomize but every time I reopen the shop they get randomized again. I'd like for these to stay the same once randomized for the first time until the town is revisited or on a timer. Is this possible?
Post edited by foxx on
  • 1) The move event is only used to move the flying text around (and change the color) and has nothing to do with actually displaying the content. That's all done on the flying text object in the scene, so you'd have to access that to get such information, though I don't thin that's exposed, so you might have to delve into the source code for that.

The Calculate node is also just a universal node to trigger whatever should happen when an action is 'calculated' - this can be calculating the user/target changes of an ability or item, swapping group members, setting a combatant to be dead, etc.
    So, no, you can't directly grab the damage from the node, but the status value change events would allow you to react to changes, i.e. you can start a game event with the damage passed on as a local variable.

2) The shops need to be set up to store their content - enable Save Shop in the shop's settings and make sure the Shop Interaction using the shop has a scene ID (this is used to store the content). If the same shop is available through multiple interactions, use the same scene ID to get the same content.
    You can reset the stored content via the event system (Clear Shop Data node).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • "you can start a game event with the damage passed on as a local variable."

How do you get the dmg number?
  • As said, that's in the status value change events, i.e. set up in Status > Status Values in e.g. your health status value's Change Game Events.

The defined game event will be used whenever a change is done to the status value, you can further limit it to e.g. only from abilities or only negative changes, etc.

The change, old value and new value are available as local float variables in the event via change, oldValue and newValue variable keys.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!