I'm fairly new to development in general, and have learned most of what I know through a combination of ORK and Unity.

My ideal outcome for the game I'm making would be a sort of simple drop in/drop out multiplayer comedic Paper Mario game, where up to three players control one of the main party characters in combat and potentially the overworld as well. They would work together in local couch co-op to defeat enemies, fight bosses, and solve puzzles using field abilities. I know ORK isn't innately suited for this, but is this a feasible goal? Any recommendations on somewhere to start?
  • Hm, theoretically local multiplayer could be done - depending on the type of game, this can be easier or harder to do, though.
    E.g. for turn based battles, you'd just have to change which input is used to control the battle menu (or control maps).

It's probably not something that'll work out of the box, but could be achieved with some custom scripting or creative use of events.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!