edited June 2021 in ORK Support
I have a combatant in scene A that has "Add Combatant" on it with "Remember Combatant" checked.

I have a button that gets that Combatant object and adds it to group.

I go to scene B and level up Combatant.

When I return to scene A, the combatant with "Add Combatant" is present but at the original level. Also when I call :

ORK.Access.Group.Leave(combatant.Group, combatant, false, true, true);

using the combatant in scene as the combatant object, it doesn't actually remove him from the party.

If I call Join() it will add another of the same Combatant to party with the same GUID and when I call Leave() before exiting scene it will remove the clone Combatant.

I assumed that since they had the same GUID and were the same Combatant, this combatant would update its lv and such on reentry.

What I'm trying to do is have the Combatant live in town -> recruit -> level up -> set to inactive in town and have all that Combatant info on the one that lives in town.

Do I need to do something manually here? Like use an init event to make the Combatant that lives in town match? Check the GUIDS before adding ect...?
Post edited by foxx on
  • When you return to the scene, the combatant who joined the player group and the one in the Add Combatant component will be different combatants. Remembering the combatant (also for combatant spawners) is not keeping the combatant's instance alive, it'll just store the data - when returning to the scene, it'll create a new one from the data.

This functionality isn't meant to be used in that way.

How are you showing/accessing the combatant info on the combatant in town?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'm adding to group via Join and Leave. I'm also keeping track of story progression for that character via object variables. I only really access the info of the combatant in my party right now but the idea was to be able to leave them in town and pick them up later. But I guess I'll need to just check their guid when I recruit them and see if they are already in the inactive party?
  • As long as you don't actually access the combatant itself from that NPC, you can just have an NPC in town that represents the combatant, so there's not really a need to put a combatant on it :)
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!