• edited September 2021
    Not a big deal but would it be possible to add a Gate to Layer Node that allows to continue in the same layer without having to go through another layer. Just to keep schematics that that are made in one layer clean and tidy.

Also for the Inventory Settings could it have the same options just like in the Item Collector Component for the Schematic Settings? The only options I'm seeing for Collection Settings in the Inventory Settings is to use an animation or play a sound. I just want to call a schematic whenever the player interacts with an item drop thats spawned. I tried putting an Interaction Machine with the schematic I want on the Item Drop Prefab but it only plays the schematic without doing any item collecting.
    Post edited by relenting_1 on
    Portfolio - My Website
    Follow my project on Reddit - My Game DevLog
    relentingVids - My YouTube Channel
    Half Super Shop - My Shop
  • @Dre788
    Well, you should a value between 0 and 1, as stated in the help text :)

@LostForest
    Since you're just starting, I'd use ORK 3 - you'll need some time to learn ORK's workflow and features and more time to experiment/prototype for your game anyway. ORK 3 release will be this fall/winter and is already (mostly) feature-stable.
    If you're ramping up full production now, I'd use ORK 2, though.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    This is how I have it set up and what I'm getting. Is this how it's suppose to work or am I missing something?
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ic5js7u62u44od2/2021-09-22 09-44-13.mp4?dl=0
    The camera is barely moving at all.
  • @Dre788
    That movement seems about right (from the transform changes) - it's just barely noticable due to your orthographic camera having such a huge size.

Also, I know that's not happening here due to no camera control being present, but if you have the shake without Wait enabled, the schematic is over when the shaking starts and would enable the camera control again.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: That movement seems about right (from the transform changes) - it's just barely noticable due to your orthographic camera having such a huge size.
    Ah, I see. Well I guess I'll just request if you could add a multiplier to shake nodes to account for larger orthographic cameras.

• edited September 2021
    I'll drop the limitation for values to be between 0 and 1, so you can just use larger values :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • @RifleFire
    The same as in ORK 2 (and I explained in that thread).
    The only difference is: ORK 3 has default AI settings for all combatants in the combatant general settings (Combatants > Combatants > General Settings), which each combatant can override.
    The rest remains the same, i.e. setup for AI controlled players and using battle AI.
  • Awesome! Thank you so much for the reply. ORK3 it is!
    Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.
  • edited September 2021
    In Battle Grid Settings -> Allow Cancel, the cancel is based on UI Box -> General Settings ->Default Controls. But if you don't set default controls for cancel then there is no longer a way to cancel battle grid actions. Could you add input options (accept, cancel) to Battle Grid Settings instead of depending on UI Default Controls?

Edit: Could we get the description information of equipment such as , , etc, available in the custom content as well?
    Post edited by Dre788 on
  • I'll look into it.
  • ORK 3 BETA 8 is here!

The main update this time are the new UI box and HUD schematics. You can start schematics upon certain UI events, e.g. opening/closing a UI box or HUD, selecting an input, etc.
    The UI (box/HUD) is available as selected data via key ui, and there are new UI nodes (Change UI Color and Change UI Offset) available to manipulate the UI (both also able to change flying texts, though offset here manipulates the screen position and doesn't change the in-scene position). So, basically you can now use schematics to fade in/out your UI. Default settings available in the UI box and (new) HUD general settings, each box/HUD can override them.
    If an input (e.g. button in a menu) has some context related content available, it'll also be available as selected data via key action - e.g. an ability menu will have the ability of a button available. Also, menu screens have the combatant available as starting object.
    Also, UI box selections everywhere can also override the UI box's schematics.

See the full details on the beta page. There's a whole bunch of other, unlisted changes here and there (e.g. what @Dre788 asked in the previous post).

Please note: This update will reset UI box and input key selections (e.g. in menu screens), as well as the whole main menu setup (which is now called start menu). UI box/input key selections in Makinom settings (e.g. in dialogue nodes) will not be reset, though.

The UI schematics open up a whole new world of functionality, so let me know if you have ideas for additional UI events starting schematics or other UI nodes to manipulate UI boxes/HUDs.
  • Setting the UI Schematics on the UI Box along with all of the choices on when to execute is perfect, way beyond what I was thinking. After getting everything hooked back up it looks like they are working as expected too, thank you very much for this!
  • @gamingislove
    I'm getting this error when I'm attempting to load a save. This is a new save from beta 8.
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.GameHandler.LoadGame (GamingIsLove.Makinom.DataObject data) (at <769505d606d246409d2542960dd029e7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler.SetLoadData (GamingIsLove.Makinom.DataObject data) (at <769505d606d246409d2542960dd029e7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler.Load (System.Int32 index) (at <769505d606d246409d2542960dd029e7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.SaveGameHandler.Continue () (at <769505d606d246409d2542960dd029e7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Nodes.ContinueNode.Execute (GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic schematic) (at <769505d606d246409d2542960dd029e7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.ExecuteNextNode () (at <769505d606d246409d2542960dd029e7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.Start () (at <769505d606d246409d2542960dd029e7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.PlaySchematic (GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.ISchematicStarter starter, System.Object machineObject, System.Object startingObject, System.Boolean isBlocking, GamingIsLove.Makinom.MachineUpdateType updateType, System.Int32 inputID) (at <769505d606d246409d2542960dd029e7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.Schematic.Play (GamingIsLove.Makinom.MakinomSchematicAsset asset, GamingIsLove.Makinom.Schematics.ISchematicStarter starter, System.Object machineObject, System.Object startingObject, System.Boolean inPause) (at <769505d606d246409d2542960dd029e7>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.SchematicGameButtonListItem.Selected (GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.MenuScreen origin) (at <94a4a8f1738b4820a764a35a198a4eb1>:0)
    GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.UI.Parts.ButtonListMenuPart.InputAccepted (GamingIsLove.Makinom.UI.IUIBox origin, System.Int32 index) (at <94a4a8f1738b4820a764a35a198a4eb1>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIBoxComponent.InputAccepted (System.Int32 index) (at <9cf15cab35454bfa94012e01e7789c3e>:0)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.UIButtonInput.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData data) (at <9cf15cab35454bfa94012e01e7789c3e>:0)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (UnityEngine.EventSystems.IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[T] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents+EventFunction`1[T1] functor) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.MakinomInputModule:ProcessMousePress(MouseButtonEventData)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.MakinomInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent(Int32)
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.MakinomInputModule:ProcessMouseEvent()
    GamingIsLove.Makinom.Components.MakinomInputModule:Process()
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.ugui@1.0.0/Runtime/EventSystem/EventSystem.cs:377)
  • @Dre788
    Seems to be coming from the scene positions, you can solve it for now by disabling Scene Positions in UI > Save Game Settings > Save Data Settings.