• @Dre788
    Is your menu screen freeze pausing time or changing the timescale?
    This'd mean that any time-based node (e.g. Wait options) will halt the schematic due to the stopped time. You can prevent that by disabling Unity Time Scale in the schematic's Settings node (maybe also disable Makinom Time Scale).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: Is your menu screen freeze pausing time or changing the timescale?
    No, I haven't done anything special like that. Disabling Unity or Makinom Time Scale didn't make a difference. Are you getting difference results when you test it?
  • @gamingislove I found something odd that I would say is a bug, but I'm not sure how to go about replicating it.

Recently, I changed the default Quantity Selection to Buy And Sell, as we can see in the recent commit log:

However, Makinom is showing it in Editor without my changes:

No big deal, can just revert the changes. Except, both Makinom and my source control say no changes have been made:

The file is still in the project directory:

Restarting Unity doesn't seem to have an effect. Any thoughts on what might be happening? One thing I notice in the logs is generally when I overwrite the Default asset, the old Default.asset was deleted but that does not seem to be the case with Quantity Selection. Might that be responsible?
  • edited July 2021
    A new UI tutorial for setting up a Quest HUD is available.

@Dre788
    Haven't tested it yet, I'll check it out :)

@Acissathar
    Hm, that's strange.
    The m_Name field here is just the name of the file (standard Unity stuff for an asset), the actual name/data in Makinom/ORK is part of the asset's data (byteData).

My best guess would be that something happened during the commit, maybe some unwanted merger or something?
    Check Assets/Gaming Is Love/_Data/Quantity Selection/ in your project, is there only the default asset or the new/updated buy and sell asset as well?
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2021
    @gamingislove Assets/Gaming Is Love/_Data/Quantity Selection/ has 0 - Buy And Sell, no default (meant to link this originally but I did the same image twice, oops):

Granted this is fortunately easy to re-do and I can't really recreate it, but just as a heads up at least :)
    Post edited by Acissathar on
  • BETA 2 will be out this week with fixes for all issues that where mentioned so far (still have to test @Dre788 schematic thing, though).
    It'll be mostly bugfixes and some changes for UI setups via context menu (e.g. better size and default setup for quest stuff), and I'm planning to change Equipment Parts to Equipment Slots, which'll cause issues when updating, so you'll probably have to redo equipment part related stuff.

@Acissathar
    I'll keep an eye out for it.
    Didn't happen for me in the last month since I tested ORK 3, though :D
    Which version control are you using, e.g. git?
  • @Dre788
    Finally tested this - working fine here.
    I'll need more details on your setup. Maybe send me the schematics and menu screen assets?
  • @gamingislove Git through Azure Dev Ops (and Fork as a GUI client if that matters). For what it's worth, this is the only time I've run into it too so I'm starting to think it might just be a fluke or some commit / merge issue as you mentioned.

• @gamingislove
    Here is a link to the test project I created.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktnn3xfp6j8pb3d/Ork 3 Test.zip?dl=0
    If you run the project you should see a button to press. After pressing the button you will see "All done!" in the unity console. What it should say is "I am called" and then "All done" if you follow the node logic in the schematics. I used unity 2019.4 LTS for this project.
  • edited July 2021
    @Dre788
    Ah, I see - the Start Machine node doesn't start anything because there's no actual game object. This node starts a machine/schematic for each machine+starting object pair. I'll look into a solution for that.
    The Start Global Machine node is working for me, though.
  • @gamingislove
    Oh nice, Start Global Machine does work. I though I already tested it but I guess not. Cool, I'll just use globals in the mean time.
  • edited July 2021
    @Dre788
    You probably started a global machine via the menu's button, which runs into the same issue (Start Machine node starting per machine+starting object pair).
    The next update will add an option to start without game objects :)
  • @gamingislove
    You're right, that's what I did. Good to know! I'll keep looking for bugs!
  • ORK 3 BETA 2 is here!

The first update is available. BETA 2 fixes all reported issues, does some small HUD setup improvements (via the scene hierarchy context menu) and adds default ORK game states ina new project (in battle, in menu, in shop).
    Also, equipment parts have been renamed to equipment slots (and equipment part set templates to equipment slot set templates). Your previous equipment part setup is not compatible, so you'll have to redo it (and maybe also delete the equipment part folders from the data).

All details on the ORK 3 BETA page.
  • edited July 2021
    @gamingislove
    Just opened the beta 2 and the drop down menu problem still seems to persist on my end.

Edit: The Ork Player and Group (Current) are working now but the portraits don't display as one would expect. In the combatant section there are 3 options to add images. If you just use the Portrait options, it doesn't display in dialogues that include an portrait. You have to use Sprite for it to display in a gui with sprite as the portrait gui object. (I image this is the same case for raw texture) What purpose does the Portrait option serve in this case?
    Post edited by Dre788 on