Hello and good afternoon :) Sorry to be back so soon with another thread but I couldn't find documentation or help anywhere.

So, I've cracked the code of how to put a custom GUI in Makinom and by consequence, ORK. ^^ Added the New Unity UI option, messed around with Schematics so I know where to go and what to modify, even got around to learning how to do prefabs with another tool I was experimenting with.

Now, though, here's the question: what rules are necessary for a Makinom/ORK Gui Box?

In the other tools I used, prefabs needed specific elements named a specific way so that the software knows where to display portraits/speaker name/text/etc... What are those guiedlines for making a GUI Box for Ma/Ork? I tried looking in the documentation but all I found is this, which doesn't really help.

• In case you've missed it, there's an entire part of the Unity UI Module documentation for UI boxes (as well as the other UI parts and how they're used when using the Unity UI module).

The different game tutorials also have some UI setup included, e.g. the space shooter UI setup.

As a short overview:
    - you set up a prefab for the UI box
    - the prefab has an UI Box component attached, which handles distributing the content to different other components (UI Content components like the TMP_UI Content Component)
    - the prefab's position and size are where the UI box will be displayed
    - inputs (e.g. buttons, sliders, toggles) are set up as individual prefabs, the default prefabs are defined in UI > UI System, each UI box can also override the prefabs (as well as individual content definitions usually also have options to use a different input prefab)

Generally, the scene view context menu is your friend and has a lot of quick setups for all of that: Makinom > UI Box > ... (or Makinom > UI > UI Box if you're not working with the ORK 3 beta).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Guess I had missed it, yeah. Thanks!