What's the best way how to remember position of many objects after scene change?

I have many levels in my "Dungeon Master-like" game and player often walks from one floor to another. I need it to remember position of all objects that the player moved - which doors are opened, which levers are up or down, which platforms are pressed etc. Part of the issue is also the fact, that one trigger/Event Interaction often moves several objects (lever+door+collision etc.) which are separate objects.

I know I can easily use variables to activate or deactivate objects (similar to the way described in Removing Walls tutorial), but this is not proper way since it only hides objects, not remember their state and position. The only solution I could think of right now is absolutely diabolical - create some autostarted mega-event that would check and move all objects depending on global variables when you enter the scene...:-))

p.s.Thank you for your patience with my dumb questions! :-)
  • edited July 2021
    There are 2 options for that:

- use Object variables on each object to remember their state and/or position, coupled with an autostart event on them to recreate the state based on those variables

- write a custom system :D
    You can also implement that into ORK's save games using custom save data.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!