Hello GiL,

how do I add Animation Event for the footstepper sound for legacy animation that is from imported .fbx or .blend file? Those animations are read-only and can't have anything added. If I duplicate it, it's not bound to the object.

Is it for Mecanim only animations that are duplicated?

• Well, you can't add animation events to read only animations. I'd say this is overall more of a Unity thing you're dealing with here, not really specific for Footstepper.

An animation not bound to the object/model should still be useable, though. You can add animations to the Animation component on your prefab and have them available.

I don't really know if duplicating the animation is the best way to get around the read only limitation, maybe check the Unity forums if there's any other way to deal with that.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited July 2021
    That's the only solution I've found to read-only animations. So I don't know how was that asset done, but it's a bit limiting, as I've even put nodes there instead, to play the animations (thought that it's like a work around) but nothing happened.

Even when I duplicate it and put Animation Event to e.g. frame 12, I don't see it like in your guide, only this.

https://imgur.com/a/rkR1kSh

What goes in the script? Footstepper doesn't really work.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Usually you need to select the game object with the animation to be able to select the components attached to it.

Animation events are just one way of playing footsteps, there are other options available as well.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh, didn't know the whole object goes there, this information is missing in the tutorial.

Thanks for your help, that worked. :)
  • Well, that's not really part of Footstepper, just Unity's animation functionality.
  • A client doesn't care whose part it belongs to. If you're selling a product and are showing user a tutorial on how to do it, you have to put all parts there respectively.

As a game developer, I'm going to take blame for faults that are purely caused by ORK Framework bugs and functionality. Though not going to write it to customer. :)