edited August 2021 in General Discussion
Hey there! I've searched for some RPG Framework, witch could help me to make my own MMORPG project.
I've found a lot of interesting content on the Unity's asset store and one of them was ORK.
I've a questions that is really important for me and my goals (before to ask, I've searched some of them, but didn't find, that's why I decided to create a specific post here ;-) ).
What database use ORK Framework?
Where store items/characters/etc.?
Is it possible to make a multiplayer-game with the main server and client application?
Is it possible to make Mouse Click-movement like Old School style? Could you please give a tutorial link <3

If I would have another questions, I'll ask also here)

Cheers!
Post edited by cobra on
  • Welcome :)
    If you haven't done so yet, I'd highly recommend going through ORK's game tutorial series. It can be completed with the free test version and teaches you ORK's workflow and the most used features.
    cobra said: What database use ORK Framework?
    ORK stores it's data as an asset in an XML-formatted string (optionally encrypted). No database involved.
    cobra said: Where store items/characters/etc.?
    The data you set up is stored in ORK's project asset. The in-game data is saved in save games (there are settings for managing where to save it).
    cobra said: Is it possible to make a multiplayer-game with the main server and client application?
    ORK is only intended for single player games, there's no MMO support available out of the box and that's something you'd have to work on yourself.
    It's generally possible to achive, but it's a very complicated thing to do :)
    cobra said: Is it possible to make Mouse Click-movement like Old School style?
    ORK comes with several built-in player and camera controls to get you started. E.g. the Mouse player control works like that. You can change controls in Base/Control > Game Controls - for anything more, you can also use any custom player/camera control.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!