Hello

Does footstepper works with unity 2020 and 2021?

I don’t see that in the documentation and one last thing, I can’t seem to find any video tutorials on this??

I am creating a 2D top down shooter game

Br Hamid
  • Yes, Footstepper works in Unity 2020 and 2021.
    I ususally check each new Unity version for compatibility and upload a new version in case it's needed. Let me know if you run into any issues and I'll check it out.

There's no video tutorial available.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Does it work on 2D top down ?
    I can’t find any info on this...

• I assume we already solved this via email?
    If that wasn't you, here's a solution:

If you’re using tilemaps, use a Tilemap Footstep Source component to add footsteps to tilemaps.

This uses footstep texture materials to link footsteps to sprites of the individual tiles.

Make sure the raycast setup of your Footstepper component is correct.

Since this is 2D (using 2D colliders), make sure to use Raycast 2D. For top-down, I’d recommend a very low raycast distance, maybe even 0.
    Also, the ground (i.e. game object with the footstep source) needs to have a collider to be hit by the raycast. E.g. with Is Trigger enabled to not block the player’s movement. And make sure the ground is on a layer that is enabled for the raycast.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!