Hi,

I have an implementation of mounting monsters using Ork. The way that it done currently, is that when the player chooses to mount a monster, the character is spawned on a specific child object of that monster, say its back. That way the character follows the motion of the monster while flying.

The issue I have is when unmounting the player from the monster. If the monster while flying is in a state where it is diving head first, the character is also "upside down" and when unmounting the character is placed to the ground upside down as well. Right now, after calling the unmount node, I change the position of the character to be player position.

How can I resolve this and have the player unmount the monster, but make sure he is not placed on the ground loopsided or upside down?
  • edited September 2021
    You can use the rotation nodes to change the rotation of the player, e.g. Change Rotation to set it to a rotation you want (e.g. X/Y/Z=0).

Or, if you're doing that by script - just set the rotation of the game object (via transform).
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That was my initial thinking as well, but it seems that having a node of changing the rotation of the character after having a change position node does not apply any effect to the rotation.

• Hm, can depend on the setup - try adding a Wait node with 0 second wait (i.e. it'll continue in the next frame) between them. Or do the rotatoin first :)

If your Change Position node fades to the new position and faces direction, that'll also change the rotation.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks will try out!