I am changing from one scene to another when starting my battles.
I have tested to see that my Battle Start Event makes it to the end, and that it makes it to the end of the function it calls in my script. This is the case for both Editor and Build. However, The Combatants' HUD is never pulled up in the build. which is odd because the game makes it to the end of the Battle Start Event, it just never actually starts.

Any idea why the Battle would be getting hung up after the Start Event completes?
  • My first guess would be, since you seem call some custom code at the end, that there's something happening there that causes an error, which prevents the event from finishing.

Check the logs of your built game if there's some error.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • No errors that I see in the logs. The final node of the start event I call a Coroutine. I 've checked that I reach the end of the coroutine in the build, but could that be blocking the battle from starting in any way?
  • It might, though I can't really be 100 % sure without knowing the details :)
    Anyway, there are 2 ways to check if that's the issue or not - either remove/disable the function call node, or put a Debug node after it to see if the event continued after it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Wow I totally figured it out! It had to do with GUI System Layer and having Screen Space Camera selected. Not sure why it affected just the one battle (which is in a separate scene from the other battles) but it wasn't doing anything useful so I was able to uncheck it and see all my HUDs in all Battles.

I'm thinking the battle was starting I just couldn't see the GUIs, opps!

Thanks,
    Daye