• 1) Ah, just noticed the error you're making - the variable key for the string variable should use Value, not String Variable (I've seen it in the Store Selected Data Content node).

2) Currently not - i'll look into new options to level up an ability instead of learning just a defined level.

3) Which text command?
    HUDs have often different things available than the menu parts - but you can mix the HUD (template) with the text/content you define in the menu parts.

4) I'll check it out, probably due to a setting in the Research part not ending it's conditional checks, hiding any settings below it. Theoretically it should be visible when you fold the Research 3 part foldout to hide those settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited November 2021
    1) It nows show a name ! But only the name of the player combatant and not of each member of the player's group.

2) cool

3) <,level,> But i found how to show it on HUD with Status Text Content.

4) I tested it and it is as you said.

5) In a Group Menu Part, with Drag Sort allowed, it doesn't matter where i drag my combatant he will goes to the 1st input's place. Any idea why ?

6) This shows nothing :
    (if i change the Status type Status Value for Combatant Information, it works fine)
    Capture-d-cran-2021-11-27-131511

7) Any idea why this happen when i try to equip an equipment ?
    Capture-d-cran-2021-11-28-083231
    Post edited by kiwi on
  • 1) Well, yeah - if you want other names as well, you need to have them selected separately (e.g. via filters in the Select Combatant node or by using actors as I explained earlier) and store them into other variables.

5) I'll check it out.
    In which box is it happening, the 1st or 2nd box (i.e. when displaying the battle group or members to add to battle group)?

6) See the simple player HUD tutorial for an example setup. If you just want to add a status value to a HUD, without one of the list components, you need to use a HUD Status Value component, which defines the status value and works as a content provider for others.

7) Hm, check the equipment's level up settings and make sure it's having a status value selected when using level up.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • 1) Oh ok

5) Both. Drag & Drop from the 1st to the 2nd or from the 2nd to the 1st works fine. it's only when ordering within the same box that happens.

6) I don't know why but my HUD don't appear ? (i have no display conditions)
    Capture-d-cran-2021-11-29-163656

7) My equipments can't level up (Level Up Type : None). But i've tried and it changes nothing.
  • edited November 2021
    6) What are the Combatant Settings of the HUD like - did you enable displaying it for the player? Also, what's the multi-box layout setup?

7) What's the equipment's equipment slot setup like?

Edit:
    5) Tested this, working fine here.
    Does your UI box (prefab) have a UI Receive Cursor Events component attached? It'd also require to have some graphic (even just an empty Image component) attached to be able to receive cursor events.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • 6) In play mode, there are no HUD element in the hierarchy
    HUD & UI Layout Settings : https://ibb.co/M9NpQ0n

7)
    equipment slot & item settings : https://ibb.co/1Q39kP0
    Menu Part 'equipment' settings : https://ibb.co/pyr6mKr

5) Yes it has both UI Receive Cursor Events & Image component
    UI box inspector settings : https://ibb.co/rxrZ8xp
  • Since there are that many separate issues in your project, could you send me your Unity project to check out?
    You can reduce the size by deleting the Library folder in the project's folder - e.g. upload it to dropbox or something like that and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.
  • Thanks Gil for solving them !

1) When closing the Menu Screen while focusing 1st Group, the Combatant Menu Part stays on screen and block me from doing anything. Is this a bug ?
    Menu-Screen

2) Menu User shows < name > instead of actual names ?
    Menu-User-Names
  • 1) That's because the Group menu screen is for group management, i.e. selecting a combatant in the 1st group box will (when using the Change action in the Action Menu box) focus the 2nd group box for selecting a replacement.

2) Hm, yeah, seems like a bug, will check it out.
  • 1) Then the fact the game is stuck after closing menu screen while focusing 1st group is normal ?
  • 1) No, that's not normal - what are the game states like in the inspector when you select the _Makinom game object (in DontDestroyOnLoad in the scene hierarchy)?
    Might be another menu screen that's still open.
  • 1) I have no other Menu Screen
    Untitled-2
  • 1) Seems the menu is not closed properly.
    I'll check out the project you've sent me earlier.
  • Ah, forgot to report my findings :)
    Found the issue - the part that's still visible when closing the menu is getting updated by the closing group menu part and shows again, keeping the menu screen open.

Will be fixed in the next beta.