I have a basic attack ability that executes a Calculate node through a battle animation battle event. While debugging, I noticed that the attack chance and target status change formulas that I have on that attack get run before the Calculate node gets executed, and then run again during the Calculate. It doesn't seem to be a problem, it looks like only the final Calculate node results are actually used to determine the attack, but it's just confusing me a little while I'm debugging!

Do you know what's going on? Is that expected behavior, or do I have some rogue ingredient somewhere that's running those formulas when they're not supposed to be?
  • The calculations of abilities and items (and other things) are not only used for calculating the outcome, though that's the only time they have an actual impact and change the status of combatants.

They're also used before, e.g. for status previews, use cost display, tooltips, etc.
    The formulas are basically just values that can be used at different times, not just when calculating the outcome of an attack.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah, okay - thx for the clarification!