Hello,
Probably a quick fix but every time I use an attack in real time the camera resets and flys out and zooms back in, it also does this when exiting menu screens, any thoughts how I can stop this?
  • You most likely use camera changes in the battle events animating your actions.
    E.g. if you're using the game tutorial's setup, some of the events use camera changes.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I’m using the tutorial no calculation event for the combat, it only has 2 nodes and I can’t see a camera option in there, could it be elsewhere?
  • Since it's real time, there can be many actions at the same time - e.g. it can be one of the enemies.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks. It only happens when I press the attack button. If I don’t animate the attack it doesn’t happen. If I animate as per the tutorial using the no calculation method, it animates but sends the camera crazy. I’ve tried a new event and it does the same thing, I’ve made a different attack and it does the same thing.
  • Ok, it turns out if you add a wait node to enable the damage dealer to remain active long enough, then it sends the camera crazy
  • Not a great deal of help when using mechanim, is there a way around this?
  • Further investigation: if the wait time isn’t in the battle event then the DD deactivates to quickly, if I add it in the camera shoots up and down. Really struggling with this one.
  • For damage via damage dealer you need to have some wait time in the battle event, otherwise it doesn't have enough time to actually deal damage :)

Anyway, is it possible that you enabled the collision camera in ORK's Base/Control > Game Control settings?
    Sounds a bit like it's active and uses layers that it shouldn't (e.g. taking colliders/triggers into account that shouldn't block it).
  • Collision camera isn’t enabled
  • Hm, alright - next thing to check, if it's not collision camera or other battle events changing the camera, check if you've turned on the battle camera in Battle System > Battle Camera.

Also, how's your real time battle system's control block setup? E.g. do you block the camera control during menu or actions.