Hello,
I’m spawning prefabs via triggers and game events. I can’t seem to get them to persist in the save file, they’re not there after loading. Any thoughts on how to get this to work?
  • The makinom variables don’t seem to save either even though it’s enabled in the orb plugin settings
  • Spawned prefabs are not saved with save games - you can implement a custom system with custom save data handling to achieve that.

Is Makinom set up to save variables? It has it's own save data setup to enable/disable what's saved - should be enabled by default, though.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks for the reply. I’m adding a vector 3 variable into a global variable list in Makinom, it persists whilst in game but isn’t saved on the save file. I’ve checked the save settings in makinom and under the save game menu and all is set to save. Save makinom is checked in the ork plug-in section.
  • Right, tried a similar thing through Ork just adding a vector 3 to a global variable, again doesn’t save. I must be doing something wrong.
  • I’ve got them to save, but when I compare 2 vector 3 variables it always fails first time, hence why it looked liked they weren’t saving.
  • Ok, been on this all day. Although the data is saved in the variable, it still returns it as a false when I check the variables. Do I need to do something on load to initialise the variables or something?
  • Further testing. I made a simple event that checks a ork string global variable, if the value isn’t correct it then adds the value, when triggered it makes a different sound depending on if the value is correct. It works fine in game but the global variable still returns a false after being saved and reloaded. All variables are marked to be saved in Ork and even when specifically listed the it still returns false. Can someone please assist, if I can’t get basic variables to save in Ork or even makinom then I’m in trouble. It’s probably something simple.
  • I’m using the check game variables node, but I’m pretty sure the variables are saving but not working with the node maybe. Anyone else able to try this?
  • Can you give some details on your Check Game Variables node setup?

Sounds like the check setup is wrong.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Tried it again this morning but with a global float variable, same result. When in game it works and the variable is updated. In this case at 0 it performs and action and adds +1 to the variable, activated again same thing and adds +1. But when the game is saved and reloaded the variable goes back to 0 rather than retaining its value.

Check game variables node:
    Origin: global
    Needed: one

Variable condition 0
    Condition type: variable

Variable key
    Value type: Value
    Value: FRMCount - the name of global float variable

Is Valid: checked
    Type: float
    Check type: is Equal

Check value:
    Value type: value
    Value: 0
  • I’ve tried above again but tied to an object variable, transfered that to a global changed it and back again. That works and saves, seems to be an issue with my global variables not saving.
  • Hm, which ORK version are you using? You can see the version number in Editor > About in the ORk editor.

Since this is a check - what about the variable change?
    As you said, you activate at 0 and it adds +1, so it should actually check out again (if it's the same variable) when used again, as it's no longer 0.
  • The variable changes as required and works fine in game. Just doesn’t stay when saved and loaded.

I’m on version: 2.33.0
  • Well, I'm 100% sure that this is working - it's most likely some setup somewhere resetting your variables or something like that.

I'd need a small Unity test project where it happens to check it out.
    If you want to send me a project, you can reduce the size be deleting the Library folder from your Unity project's folder, e.g. upload it somehwere (dropbox, google drive, etc.) and send me the link to contact@orkframework.com.