• Good I leave the image and if you need any more ask me without problem. But come on, I copied the ORK mecanim animation tutorial exactly as it is and nothing. I've tried changing it somehow but I can't do it either.

Thanks for everything as always :)

https://ibb.co/7NtpNdd
  • How about the transition back to idle?
    This should have an exit time set or it'll most likely exit to the idle animation immediately.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Good here I put the other part of the transition. Honestly I don't know what else to play xD.

https://ibb.co/CBxCPxh
  • gamingislove said: Also, try using Play instead of triggering the animation via parameters. Using parameters might be overruled or due to your transition setup never really being reached. And check your transition exit times, e.g. if you exit from any animation without an exit time it might just directly go back to your idle/movement animations.
    Did you try this?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Good, in the end I bought the ORK 3 but I lost a lot of work with the truck. So until we change the cycle I will continue with 2.

One question, the character menu is not activated in combat but at any other point in the game the menu is activated.
    In the ork test project that you have, it is not activated in battles either, but in the world. What should be solved here?

And to make a character selection menu, do you have a tutorial or would there be some simple way?

Thank you for everything always and our entire team is supporting you by acquiring ork 2 and 3.
  • Menu screens are not available during battle and only available when the player controls are not blocked (and their optional call requirements are valid).

As for character selection menu - you mean like an initial player selection?
    This can e.g. be done with a series of choice dialogues, joining different combatants, changing class, etc. based on selected choices.
    Or, for in-game group management, there's the Group menu part for that. Battle menus can use the Change Member command to switch a combatant in-battle.
  • edited May 2022
    Good morning, I have an error that I have been having for some time now and it is as follows

Every time I put a box colider2D or a rigibody2D in the first player the combat does not work and the game breaks.

All the other characters in the group work with their box colider2D perfect but the first player always gives problems.

Could you tell me what mistake I am making with the player?

Thank you very much as always :)

Post edited by elrosas on
  • Do you get any error in the Unity console? If yes, please post it :)

Otherwise - check the combatant's setup, e.g. are the status values set up correctly for the combatant, 0 max HP will basically cause instant death.
  • edited May 2022
    Ok I leave you the error that unity gives me in the comment below.

The status values is not :(
    My game works from the main menu directly after the battle if it can help you.
    Come on all the battles and everything I do without boxcolider2d on the first character works perfect.
  • NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ORKFramework.ButtonPlayerControlSettings.AddPlayerControl (UnityEngine.GameObject player) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.PlayerControlSettings.AddControlComponent (UnityEngine.GameObject player) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.PlayerControlSettings.AddPlayerControl (UnityEngine.GameObject player) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.GameControlsSettings.AddPlayerComponents (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.ControlHandler.set_ControlledPlayer (UnityEngine.GameObject value) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantObject.set_GameObject (UnityEngine.GameObject value) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantObject.Spawn (UnityEngine.Vector3 position, System.Boolean setRotation, System.Single yRotation, System.Boolean setScale, UnityEngine.Vector3 scale) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.CombatantAccessHandler.Spawn (ORKFramework.Combatant combatant, UnityEngine.Vector3 position, System.Boolean setRotation, System.Single yRotation, System.Boolean setScale, UnityEngine.Vector3 scale) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.Combatants.CombatantObject.SpawnAccess (UnityEngine.Vector3 position, System.Boolean setRotation, System.Single yRotation, System.Boolean setScale, UnityEngine.Vector3 scale) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.CombatantHandler.SpawnBattle () (at :0)
    ORKFramework.Behaviours.BattleComponent.EventEnded () (at :0)
    ORKFramework.Events.BattleStartEvent.EndEvent () (at :0)
    ORKFramework.Events.BattleStartEvent.ExecuteNextStep () (at :0)
    ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent.StepFinished (System.Int32 next) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.SpawnBattleCombatantsStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.Events.Steps.DestroyPrefabStep.Execute (ORKFramework.Events.BaseEvent baseEvent) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.DialogueChoice.Closed (ORKFramework.GUIBox origin) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.GUIBoxContent.Closed () (at :0)
    ORKFramework.DialogueContent.Closed () (at :0)
    ORKFramework.GUIBox.Tick (System.Single t) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.GUIHandler.Tick (System.Single t) (at :0)
    ORKFramework.GUIHandler.Tick () (at :0)
    ORKFramework.ORKCore.FireTick () (at :0)
    ORKFramework.ORKHandler.Update () (at :0)

• What's your player control setup like?
    Based on the error, you're using the Button player control - e.g. if it's using the Character Controller for movement, that'll cause issues with your 2D setup, as 2D and 3D can't be mixed. Character controller is a 3D component.
  • Okay, I've fixed it in a button.
    Thank you very much I would not have seen it without you.
  • edited June 2022
    Good morning once again, we're already finishing the game.

I wanted to ask you a couple of questions that I have while testing:

1-How do I make it so that when they change battle/scene my team never recovers its life.

2-When one of my team dies the place is changed (being 2d) and it is impossible for me not to be bugged as I can always leave the same fixed places in battle.

3-To put interactive objects on screen is with the >Ork scene wizard? For if I want to put a menu to remove sound for example.

thank you very much as always for everything Mr. ork
  • 1) That is usually the default setup for a project.
    Your used battle system (in Battles > Battle System) has Bonus Settings for recovering at the start or end of a battle (or each turn).
    Otherwise it might be some status effect or e.g. your battle start/end schematic doing something like this.

2) Check your combatant's Death Animation schematic - the default for all combatants is set up in Combatants > Combatants > General Settings in the Battle Settings > Default Battle Animations. Each combatant can override it with a custom animation.
    Your schematic most likely does this change.

3) If this is a UI, you can set up a HUD and use HUD Click components to add actions when clicking on parts of the HUD, e.g. opening a menu screen or starting a schematic.
    Otherwise, if it's something in your scene (not UI related), use an Interaction Machine that starts a schematic that does what you want (e.g. opening a menu screen or showing some custom UI).
  • Good news, I still have the problem that when any character in my group of 4 dies.

The positions get messed up. And I don't know how to make the characters ALWAYS have the same positions.

It's as if the battle spots don't work.

If you can give me a hand mr ork :) thank you.