• How are your combatant's death settings?
    E.g. if it leaves the group on death, that could lead to battle spots being reused by others.

Otherwise, check your death battle animations for your combatants if you do something like that in them.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Of course I have it in place that I left the group when I died.
    But when I switch combat/scene the combatants overlap each other because one of them has left the group.

And if I don't set it to leave the group on death when I move on from the combat/scene, the prefab of the combatant returns to where he was but dead without doing anything :/

And when I configure the battle spots I get out of the scene all the time and I can't see them in the game.

• If a combatant leaves on death, that combatant is no longer part of your group or battle group.

Since battle spots are are tied to the position/index of a combatant in the battle group, a combatant leaving will change that order.
    E.g. if you have 4 combatants, and combatant at position/index 1 leaves the group, index 2 and 3 will move up and become 1 and 2.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited June 2022
    Of course, that's just the problem, when they leave the group, the positions get bugged down.

And visually it looks very bad.

I can't leave them ALWAYS in the same positions.
    Post edited by elrosas on
  • That's how the system currently works.
    Future updates might add new features that allow having 'empty' positions in the battle group, but can't promise if and when that'll be.
  • Hi, I wanted to ask you how I could start a combat in another scene with another group of combatants than the original one.

I'm trying to make a tutorial and when I click on the option to make a tutorial combat it doesn't change the members of the group.

PS: Is it possible to switch to ORK 3.5 without losing everything?
  • edited August 2022
    You can also switch to ORK 3.6 without losing everything (when coming from an ORK 3 version). In case data changes are needed, the old data will be updated automatically. Though, check the different release notes between your current version and the one you import, there are sometimes warnings for certain changes.

Anyway - yes, you can do that.
    The details depend on what/how you want this to happen. E.g. should the player select the group members? In that case you could use a Call Menu Screen node in the battle start schematic (or whatever schematic causes your battle) and have the player change the battle group there.
    Or use the group nodes, e.g. Join Battle Group, Leave Battle Group, Change Battle Group.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • I meant moving it from ORK 2, which is the one we have the whole game with, to ORK 3.6.

What would be the easiest option to migrate our entire game to ork 3.6?
  • edited September 2022
    From ORK 2 you'll currently have to manually set up your data again in an ORK 3 project.

While there is a migration tool in the works, it'll not be able to upgrade a complete project with all it's data due to the massive amounts of changes. Things like UI, events, etc. will not be transferable at all, etc.

So, it might be better to redo the setup in any case, as you'll need to do a lot of setup everywhere anyway.

ORK 3 has also a lot of new standard/default settings, e.g. a lot of the combatant setup can now be done for all combatants with each having override options. So, the overall setup process should be a lot faster.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Good morning, we are making the change from Ork 2 to Ork 3 by hand and we are hard at work. I wanted to ask you to put a button to go (back) for mobile is there any way to do it with the Ork. Or does it have to be Unity programming.
  • Could you go a bit into more details on where this back button should be?
    Generally, most/all menu screens and battle menus have options to add back buttons.
  • I want it like the typical mobile phone button that has an arrow that you press and it is to go back. It would be like an interactive button, I don't want to anchor it to any key.
  • HUDs can create virtual controls - check out this tutorial.
    You could use that for a cancel key (that's usually used to go back in menus or cancel out of things).