edited January 2022 in ORK Support
Hey GiL,

this was always a huge mystery for me over the years....using ORK 2.30 and 'Accet Left Click' option works for my game, where I don't spawn player in the scene and want to click on different interactions, menus and so on.

I can't use the 'Accept Key - Mouse 0' because that simply opens up menu even when my mouse cursor is somewhere else.

So, ticking 'Accept Left Click' only works independently wherever the mouse is, BUT, there is no timeout? The above Click Timeout (s) doesn't apply for it and my menu's just can't be rapidly clicked :)

Is there something I'm missing out?
Post edited by Machal on
  • edited January 2022
    Well, these are 2 different things.

The Accept Left/Middle/Right Click options define which mouse button clicks are registered by the buttons to accept them. I.e. clicks directly on the button.

The Accept Key can just be any input key, e.g. enter or a joypad button, etc. - it doesn't check if the cursor is over the button or not and just 'accepts'.

The Click Timeout is for multi-clicks, e.g. for recognizing double clicks.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited January 2022
    Yes and the Accept Key can be timed out. But, if you want to use a general click with LMB, you gotta use that Accept Left Click option only. Although there is no timeout option.

But when I use a pause in-game that freezes everything, I can't implement 'wait' nodes. So there is no workaround with multiple clicking over a menu.

Can this be done in some way, please? Anything really, script or whatever. It seems like a very simple thing, however it's causing my menu's some serious stucks which is a headache.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • Hm, can you go into a bit more details on how you want it to work?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2022
    I'd love to have 'Accept Left Click' having an option for timeout too.

At the moment it ignores any settings and I can click rapidly triggering multiple actions in UI.

When you use advanced menus with multiple buttons opening different menus or HUD setups, you can rapidly click on them and since there is no timeout, it can sometimes get stuck or cause weird overlap.
    Post edited by Machal on
  • So, basically a global accept timeout, not bound to a specific menu or UI.
  • edited February 2022
    YES...please do this in an update for my version 2.30/Unity 2017 too, since this is very crucial thing in ORK. God, all those 'wait' nodes that I've implemented for years...don't know why I haven't reported this sooner...
    Post edited by Machal on
  • I'll look into it :)
  • Thanks! You still got my e-mail, so please, just send it when it's ready. :)