• Yeah, seems like UI boxes opening unfocused don't hide the cursor. Will be fixed in the next update (Makinom).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I just switched my project to using AssetBundles. The only issue I've had is using sliced sprites. Each character has a sprite sheet and I use one of them for their Icon Sprite and Portrait Sprite.

A sliced sprite with the name Bat_1_S has 12 sprites in its hierarchy called Bat_1_S_0, Bat_1_S_1 etc.

Above is a sprite splice. I can use this as a Reference but with Asset Bundle it doesn't show up in the game, and when I return to the Makinom window it no longer shows the sprite.

I did find a workaround. I changed Asset Name to the original Sprite Sheet. It uses a different sprite since it only references the top left one.

When I'm choosing which sprite to use, Unity only shows the 12 sliced sprites.

I've tried changing the Asset Name to Bat_1_S.Bat_1_S_1 or Bat_1_S/Bat_1_S_1 but neither worked.
  • edited May 2023
    @TW0
    I'll look into it.
    Edit: Can confirm, sub-assets (e.g. sprites in a sprite sheet) currently don't work.
    Support for this will be added in the next update.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • In Show Dialogue->Dialogue Type: Choice, if you use a Description with your choice, the variables seem to be global even if you set the Text Code Variable Origin to Local. Not sure if this is intended behavior, just thought I mention it.
  • @Dre788
    Ah, yeah ... will fix that in the next update :)
  • edited May 2023
    1) Hello I am using Directional Target Selection and have it set to use the Horizontal Axis.

I'm running into a problem though where if I am using an ability that is a group target ability it will let me use the Vertical Axis inputs despite these not being enabled. This does not occur when using a single target ability.

2) I also have Individual and Group Target Highlight schematics setup, but when using a Group Targeting Ability it first triggers the Group Highlight Schematic, but then also triggers the Individual Highlight Schematic immediately after. Would this be a bug?

3) I've also setup conditional schematics on my Player HUD to showcase when a combatants turn is. I've noticed that if you have a UI Layout setup on the HUD, the conditional schematics will not function properly if wanting to utilize a Fade movement between positions of the HUD. To fix this I used a Multi-Box Offset. However now upon battle end and loading into a new battle the Player HUDs are stacked on top of each other ignoring the Offset setting completely.

Thank you.
    Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • 1) Directional selection is only used by single targets - group targets target all combatants anyway.
    In this case, the standard target menu selections are used (even when the target menu is not shown, it's used hidden in the background).

2) If both group and individual targets use the same way to select the target, they most likely have the same target selected and highlight it.

3) Can you give me details on your schematic?
    Even in a UI layout, the offset should still work.
    Will check out the multi box issue.
  • edited May 2023
    3) The schematic is only utilizing one node when the condition is valid, the Change UI Offset node with ui as the Selected Data from Local origin. It is setup with a Fade X value of -50 over 0.2 seconds.

When the condition is invalid it is reset with a different schematic using the same node as above, setting it back to the original position with another Change UI Offset node.

Edit: Hey GIL I've fixed this issue. Turns out it was the Move part of the UI Layout making the Offset UI Nodes function strangely. Disabling that it functions as intended.
    Post edited by supportreport1 on
  • @gamingislove Unless I'm misunderstanding the setup, it seems like custom unequip button description isn't being forwarded? My description box doesn't have Custom or General content checked/overriding.

image Added a generic description to my unequip button, however, only the description of the item from the equipment actually shows:

• @Acissathar
    Will be fixed in the next update.
  • @gamingislove I noticed you have the ability to Mark New Content for Shop Settings, but I don't see where I can set the custom text for Shops. In menus there is a bool to enable Mark New Items, but I can't find something similar for shops.
  • @Dre788
    I think this is currently limited to using Inventory Exchange menus instead of shop layouts. I'll look into it.
  • @gamingislove
    I ran into a problem with Check Status/Status Fork. I was comparing a status value to a local int value that was set with Machine Start Variable but the check wasn't functioning correctly.
    This is the set up I was using.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc59r7o0l5g5ujn/set up.png?dl=0
    Even though the Stamina is 100 and the Risk Stamina Variable is 110 the node was returning true. I tried this without the int variable and set it to 110 manually and it returned false as expected.
    As a work around, instead of using check status, I stored the status value into a separate variable and used check variable and that works as intended.

Could something be wrong with Check Status when it comes to int variables?

• @Dre788
    Status conditions aren't a schematic-specific check/setting - the local variables in this context are the checked combatant's variables. Sorry for the confusion, I'll add an info about this to the node(s).
  • @gamingislove
    Ah, that's good to know. Are status conditions the only nodes with this specification?