• @Acissathar
    Can confirm - it's due to the HUD Quest List component added to the HUD's root (i.e. same game object as the HUD component). The list enables the HUD's game object on it's own even though the HUD isn't open yet.
    Will be fixed in the next update (and other similar issues).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited September 2022
    Ever since ORK update 3.6, my combatants never take their turns in battle. I'm using a Turn Based / Multi-Turns battle system. The player HUDs and enemy HUDs appear, as well as the turn order bar, but the battle menu never does. I thought it was a problem with the battle menu at first, but switching to "Classic" turn based mode fixes the issue and the battle menu appears as normal (actually, the battle menu options are spaced incorrectly now, but that seems like a separate issue).

Auto End Turn is disabled, Auto Call Menu is enabled, and no turn start schematics are called anywhere. I've noticed that once in battle, every combatant's Turn Value just keeps increasing every frame.

I'm pretty early on in my project and kind of an ORK novice so I may be missing something simple. Also, let me know if I need to give any other information. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

EDIT: I tested the 3D RPG Playground project to see if the problem occurred there as well. I updated the project to 3.6, changed the battle system to Turn Based / Multi-Turns and the same issue occurs where the combatants never take their turns.
    Post edited by rrldev on
  • edited September 2022
    @rrldev
    Yep, can confirm - also happens with Classic and Active mode when not using Auto Start Turn.
    Will be fixed in the next update (or maybe a quickfix update soon).

Edit: Alright, there's a quickfix update (ORK 3.6.1) for this available in the Asset Store.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove
    Thanks a lot! Tried it out, and it works again. I got a Unity warning when updating the package that some APIs in the DLL files needed to be updated, but it didn't give any specifics and it seemingly worked fine, so I'm not complaining. Thanks again for the speedy fix!
  • edited September 2022
    Hello!

I've seemed to discover a bug where Battle Info text overrides for abilities get overwritten.

it enables all the checkboxes and clears the text in the Default content section whenever I start the game.

When I deselect all the options (see figure 1 in the link below), or even when I remove all Action Info notifications entirely (see figure 2), after saving, and hitting play, the result is that ORK will:

1. Create a new Action Info Notification
    2. Enable all the checkboxes
    3. Clear all the text content in the Default content section.

https://imgur.com/a/sDbNt4Y

Note: The bug occurs as soon as the game starts, so it's not related to combat or any other events.
    Post edited by twill14 on
  • @twill14
    Should be fixed in the next update.
  • Thank you GiL!
  • In Message Content>Text, if navigate to Data and select Status Effect from the drop down menu, after you click add the value it gives you will display as quest instead of statuseffect.
  • @Dre788
    Will be fixed in the next update -also checked the other data and seems to be the only one with an issue :)
  • edited September 2022
    Hi!

I've just updated from 3.5.0 to 3.6.1 today and for some reasons, the sprites of the icon of the status effects don't show up in HUDs. The rest show up: the duration, the tooltip when I place my cursor over it, the stack number, etc. (so they're basically small numbers floating over nothing).

When I look in the inspector, I see the correct image has been pushed by Makinom/Ork, it's just not showing in the game screen.

I've tried playing on the backup (on 3.5.0) I made immediately before updating and the images are showing correctly.

My status effect HUD element is made like you showed in the tutorial. I can provide more information if you require.

Thanks!

Update: I've noticed that some status effects still show their icon. Indeed, if they're set with End Settings > End After : Turn End, their icon will show, but if that setting is set to None, the icon won't show, but the rest of the Status Effect information is still in the HUD (duration, stacks, tooltip when you mouseover...). It didn't do that in 3.5.0.
    Post edited by max_power on
  • Hello, I don't know if this is a bug or something I miss...

In schematics, I use the node "Change color" with some objet. It works with some object, but It doesn't work on the player. The player don't change color.

I tried to change color with an animation of color change, but it doesn't work too. I work in 2D. with the last version of ork. It seem to me that something has changed with the update, since some color effect worked before.
  • @max_power
    It's coming from other HUD fixes - it actually works as intended now, with the side effect that this hides the icon if no duration is used (due to the icon not being filled).
    The next update will add a setting to manage this.

@Canelle
    Color changes on game objects change the color of the object's renderer - some materials/shaders don't support that, so that might be the source of this issue.
    Also, some other parts of ORK might also change the color, e.g. a flying text, the battle menu highlighting the user or target selection a selected target, etc. - that's all based on your setup.
  • @max_power
    It's coming from other HUD fixes - it actually works as intended now, with the side effect that this hides the icon if no duration is used (due to the icon not being filled).
    The next update will add a setting to manage this.
    Aaah ok I see. Didn't think of that, since, in my head, most of the status effects that work this way are permanent, or at least long term status effects. Thanks for the explanation!
  • @Canelle
    Color changes on game objects change the color of the object's renderer - some materials/shaders don't support that, so that might be the source of this issue.
    Also, some other parts of ORK might also change the color, e.g. a flying text, the battle menu highlighting the user or target selection a selected target, etc. - that's all based on your setup.
    Thanks, I think I've found something. All my character (PNJ, Player...) have the same kind of sprite renderer ans sprite materiel. But The color change doesn't work on an object with an Animator Controller component (the player). here the result on my test:
    I made a simple schematic with node change color to red. The PNJ at the left become red, it works. the left girl became red, it works... but the same right girl is not red, it doesn't work. the only difference between the two girl is that the right one have an animator controller and the left one not.

To be more accurate, I had some issue of color change in a previous work version : during battle, the combattant had there sprite put to alpha=0 when they were hit. the battle could continue and end, but with invisible combattant ! I used the node change color in all my schematics of attack and abilities to make the alpha = 255 after all actions... this problem disappear with the last version of Ork. but now I can't change the color of the sprite renderer of an animated character, in any situation.
  • @Canelle
    Sounds a bit like your animator's animations also change colors, potentially overruling the color changes coming from ORK/Makinom.

Did a quick test with 2 sprites, one with one without animator controller and both worked fine for me.