edited February 2022 in ORK Support
1. I bought Ork 2 on 1/10 2021, but the license upgrade is not working. What should I do?
(Only the buy button exists in the Asset Store)

2. Are there no more updates for Ork 2? If yes, is there an upcoming date?

3. Are the event assets (nodes) of Ork 2 and the schematic of Ork 3 compatible? Do I have to write a new one again?

4. Is there a due date for a tool that converts orc 2 to orc 3?
Post edited by KESHYAS on
  • edited February 2022
    1) Is this January 10 or October 1? :D
    Either should be fine, but maybe the grace period doesn't cover it if it's January - I'll try re-adding the upgrade path again.
    Edit: I've re-added the upgrade with a larger grace period that should also cover December 2020, please give it a bit of time to be processed in the Asset Store.

2) Yes, but mainly bugfixes and smaller features.
    I don't have a date yet, but I generally scheduled the next update for sometime in March. Not much going on in it yet, though.

3) No, you'll have to redo your events as schematics.

4) No, work on it will start this month, but it'll take at least a few month.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2022
    Thank you for quick response.
    I am not sure whether I should go to Ork 3 in Current Ork 2.
    I should modify Numerous event assets to schematic event.
    and Worried about whether my Ork2's custom modified scripts can convert to Ork 3
    so,
    1. Is Ork3's script structures similar to Ork2 ? i.e. lots of refactoring work progressed?
    (etc. The path accessing ork.game.xx (this similar doc does not exist in Ork 3))
    2. Is the save method of Ork 3, Is it XML or JSON?
    3. What are the advantages of all items in Ork 3 are stored as individual assets?
    (Capacity reduction?)
    4. How fast is Ork 3 on the speed of Ork 2? (memory efficent? etc)
    thanks!
    Post edited by KESHYAS on
  • 1) Generally, yes.
    However, the namespace has changed to GamingIsLove.ORKFramework (and the other namespaces as well, e.g. ORKFramework.Behaviours is now GamingIsLove.ORKFramework.Components).
    Also, since ORK 3 is an extension for Makinom 2, some of the functionality is part of Makinom 2 (e.g. input keys, schematics, etc.), i.e. the Makinom namespaces are also needed often (e.g. GamingIsLove.Makinom).

Also, some functionality changed with the switch to asset based data, e.g. not all data is accessible from the project, as it's no longer referenced there.

2) It's similar to ORK 2, i.e. still XML (variant).

3) Multiple advantages:
    - faster loading, as not everything has to be part of a huge project asset
    - improved working in teams
    - you can treat them like other Unity assets, e.g. need an equipment in one of your custom components? Just add a field for that asset type (e.g. EquipmentAsset) and you can select it like any asset in Unity
    - export/import those assets (like any other asset) - the editor will find them and add it to your project when placed in the data folder

E.g. due to this, you can just download and import input key setups for XBox or PS4 controllers.
    There's also the Makinom extension manager to directly download and import things like that in Unity.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!