Hi,

I've started my ORK 2 project again in ORK 3 (to get used to it) and I have a problem that I feel shouldn't really happen :

I use auto animation with mecanim in a 2D environment. Simply, when the character stops walking (has 0 speed), the animation transitions to an idle one.

Except that the player speed is never a constant 2 (like it should be) and seems to always reset to 0 every frame. That means that every frame or so, the animation switches between walking and idling (which looks rather silly).

What stumps me is that I have copied my settings from my ORK 2 project (on which it works) and that didn't solve the problem.

Was there any modification to the Top Down 2D controller in ORK 3 that would explain that ?

Here is my config (for the relevant options) :

Game Controls -> ORK Control -> Player Controls :

Game Controls -> Animations :

Mecanim animation transition :
(It currently checks the speed but I also tried a bool variable and a trigger with the same results)

Combatants -> General -> Animations & Movement :
(I tried to change the move speed and Use Position Change with no results)

Thanks in advance,

Munin
  • It's most likely due to the Top Down 2D controls using rigidbodies for movement, so your combatant prefab's Update Mode needs to reflect that.

In your combatant's prefab settings, see the Update Mode setting and set it to Fixed Update (i.e. updates with physics). That should solve the issue.

The upcoming tutorial series (starting next week) will cover 2D setups (including this).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • That was it, thanks a lot !

I still need to dive more into ORK 3 but it still is really good.

Looking forward to that tutorial series :)