@gamingislove

Is there an option to use text based (JSON) serialization for ORK assets?

I tried to make some changes in ORK editor after commit. And all I can see is a binary serizlized byteData.

I would like to see that was really changed, like that variables and values. (Imagine someone made a PullRequest and you need to review it before merge, you can not do that easily if you do not have text based serialization) (or you yourself is tryng to understand that has gone wrong by looking into yours commits).
Text based serialization also allows to search things in files and even replace them, this can be useful. (for searching referencies or refactor for example).

In general while working on project, serialization should be text based. Right before build it can be reserialzed into binary format in order to increase some performance and reduce space.

Any plans to add text based serialization (if there is no such thing)?
  • Currently not. It's something I'll look into in the future, but currently the data serialization is limited to binary. I've opted for this (ORK 2 was text based) due to the massive improvements in loading/saving speed, which became really bad in ORK 2 when working in larger projects.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!