Is there a way to set via scripting the Combatant Base Settings>Prefab Settings>Prefab when creating an instance at runtime?
  • Yeah ... but that'd change the prefab for all combatants of that type - and also only affect newly spawning prefabs, not the alrady spawned one.

Alternatively, you can just spawn a prefab and set it as the combatant's game object:
    combatant.GameObject = gameObject;
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Setting the combatant's game object worked perfectly! :)
  • I just noticed something odd.
    When spawning myPrefab and setting it as the combatant object, I end up with 2 combatants in the game instead of one:
    (1) the first derived from the Combatants>Base Settings>Prefab Settings which is using the Prefab set in the Makinom Editor.
    (2) the second from the myPrefab I spawned through code.

This is the code I used for spawning the combatant:

CombatantSetting _settings = ORK.Combatants.Get("combatantGUID");
    Combatant _combatant = ORK.Access.Combatant.CreateInstance(_settings, null, false, false);

_combatant.Object.Spawn(position, true, rotation, false, Vector3.one);
    if(myPrefab!=null)
    {
    _combatant.GameObject = Instantiate(myPrefab , position, rotation);
    }

I am not sure how to prevent (1) from spawning since the Prefab set in the Makinom Editor is just a placeholder and I don't need it.
  • You don't need to spawn the combatant before setting it's game object. Also, generally for such a case, that's due to Unity magic :)
    Spawning the prefab instance doesn't happen until the end of the frame, i.e. replacing the (not yet spawned) instance immediately after spawn doesn't destroy it.

Try this:
    if(myPrefab!=null)
    {
    _combatant.GameObject = Instantiate(myPrefab , position, rotation);
    }
    else
    {
    _combatant.Object.Spawn(position, true, rotation, false, Vector3.one);
    }
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks Nicholas, that worked perfectly!