Hello awesome peoples!

im using the Footstepper package for unity in my game. Gernerally ist works as expected. But only the Trigger object have sometimes a strange behavior. I have attatched this object to only two prefabs. The first is a bush and the second is on a water area. Both with colliders and active trigger. Mostly if a player cross this area or run through the trigger works perfectly. It plays falling leaves prefab on a bush or water splash on the water area.

My current isssue is that sometimes the splash keep playing if the charakter already left the water area. the same issue happens with the falling leaves. Im sure that i have maybe somthing configured not correctly but if you could give me a hint it would be great!

Thank you,

Seibo
  • The Trigger footstep source is pretty simple - if a Footstepper is within the trigger (collider) it'll use it.

So, if your character keeps splashing there can be 2 reasons for it:
    - some part of it is still within the trigger
    - the footstep raycast to find what is stepped on hits the trigger
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • i tryed several things... but i couldnt fix this issue till now. ill try to make a vid of the issue. but this effect appear very rare. if i disable/enable footstepper while running in unity it fixes it while runtime.
  • is there a script example to check the active trigger?
  • No - the Footstepper component has them in the overrideSources field (a list of footstep sources), but this isn't exposed publicly.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I have added to this bushes a trigger event which throw leaves if you walk through them. but sometimes this event keeps playing on the charakter.

Any idea how i can fix this?
  • Hm, the video explains it a lot better - my guess is that one of those trigger sources doesn't receive the exit physics event and is never removed from the player's footstepper.

I'll do some tests, but might need a Unity test project with your setup if I can't replicate it.
  • edited June 2023
    Ok, did some tests - the only way I was able to recreate this was by shortly disabling the footstepper's collider and enabling it again. Not sure if that's happening on your end.

In any case, I'll add a fix for the issue I found and upload a new version to the asset store shortly.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
  • Thank you!
  • edited June 2023
    I tested Version 1.7.0 and the issue seems not appear anymore! Thank you for the quick solution.
    Post edited by Seibo on
  • Great :)