Hi, i have questions about the battle End UI.

1) What are Display Index used for ?

2) Can Level Up Notification have its own UI Layout ?
hrthrtyhe

3) When i click accept, instead of closing the Loot Dialogue it shows this : (i only have 1 Loot Dialogue enabled)
frezfgre
  • 1) They're used to order the different notifications - index 1 will be displayed first, index 2 2nd, etc.
    So, if you put the loot notification on index 2 and combatant notification on index 1, the combatants will be displayed before the loot.

2) Not directly, but you can use Additional Content to achieve it, somewhat.
    Use the Combine Level Ups option of the combatant notification to combine combatant+level up into one thing.
    When a combatant levels up, it'll display the Total Level Up Gains Content, here, you can add the level up text via it's own text code. Instead of adding it to the standard text, add it via the Add Additional Content button.
    Your UI box also needs an additional content added to display the text in (with matching content ID). You can e.g. style that one to be placed outside of the actual UI box with it's own background image to look like an additional box (or however else you want it).

3) Hm, I'll check it out, should actually close all at once.
    Unless some have multiple pages to display, in which case it'd progress them.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited February 2022
    1) i don't see any changes when i change the Display Index of the Loot Notification in the example above.

2) What's the own text code for normal status value change ?

EDIT:
    4) Sometimes when leveling up, the exp value bar does this :
    fgreagzt-erh
    Post edited by kiwi on
  • edited February 2022
    1) Well, if everything is displayed at the same time, there's not much difference.
    However, if you're using delays and time between showing individual messages it'll matter.

2) Status value changes are listed in the level up texts using the < status > text code (without the spaces). There's no separation between types, but it can only be normal or exp types (that are not used to level base/class).

4) I'll do some tests - generally, I'd not use Real Value Count for level up exp if you want to display the level up information, as here the level up only happens when the count reaches the next level and it'll not be part of the loot dialogue.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • UP
    in case you found what was going on with 3) and 4)
  • 3) Not happening for me, I guess a small Unity test project where it happens is needed here :)

4) Yep, that's a bug and will be fixed in the next update.