Hi @gamingislove I started playing around implementing an AddressableAssetSource but I can't find a way to display it in the ORK Editor to make it available as an alternative option to switch from resources, reference or assetbundles. Do I need to change ORK source code for that?
I will move the code to ORK 3 of course, as soon I get access to it ;).
  • Uh ... the asset store thing is still not resolved?

No, you don't need to change ORK's source code - just having your custom class in the Unity project is enough.
    All that's needed is to have your custom source:
    - descend from BaseAssetSource< T >
    - add the ORKEditorSettingInfo attribute to the class for the content information (name, description).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove thanks a lot, I was missing the ORKFramework.ORKEditorSettingInfo for ORK2 and the GamingIsLove.Makinom.EditorSettingInfo for ORK 3.
    I'll continue though implementing it on the last one, then I'll post the scripts ;)

The Asset store team have identified an issue with the store page and still working out to solve it.
  • Well this is not an easy task but a whole challenge, the current Addressable API is wrapped in Async Tasks now, loading to memory was easy for GameObject prefabs, but Instantiation is another beast.
  • Hello @gamingislove I noticed in ORK 3 that in the inspector the AssetSource option is exposed, is that by design? I mean it does nothing with the base asset sources (Assetbundles, reference, resources) but I managed to make editable with my addressable script which I think could be dangerous

• edited February 2022
    This option is also exposed in the Makinom editor - just that the inspector lists them vertically instead of adding the source selection horizontally after the asset/data selection (and without a label name).

Inspectors just usually have less horizontal space, so that's why it's displayed differently. It doesn't show more than the regular editor :)
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!