Hi!

I'm done with the 2D grid battle tutorial (thank you very much for that btw!), and I'm starting to tweak the result to make it work in 3D with my character models and my gameplay logic.

So I have a question: when comes the player's turn, how can I make the player select their character by directly clicking on it instead of selecting it from a menu? In Battle System ­> Phase > Phase Settings > Player Combatant Selection, (I'm using Phase battles), there's an option named ''Allow Clicking''. I've tried enabling it, but it still doesn't let me select the character by clicking on it.

I've tried disabling the UI Box too, and it doesn't change anything.

Is there something I'm missing?

Thank you!
  • edited February 2022
    You need to set up general mouse/touch control for target selection in Battles > Target Settings. This manages combatant clicking - i.e. setting up which mouse button to use, which layer's are checked (via raycast), etc.

I'll add that information to the phase battle's click settings.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ah thank you! I'd have spent a long time looking for this. Works perfectly now, thanks!