My Idle animation plays fine
But when use WASD no movement animations happen.
The player moves, but no accompanying animations.
  • edited March 2022
    Post edited by paulgswanson on
  • Is your combatant's (or combatant general settings) animation system type set to Mecanim?

For Mecanim, I'd also recommend to not use auto animations and instead forward the move speed to the animator controller via the animation setup and e.g. use a blend tree to handle idle/movement animations.
    The mecanim settings in your Base/Control > Animations settings have options set a float parameter for the (horizontal) speed.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • It is set in the combatant. Was there a specific tutorial to just set up a base mecanim character. I was having trouble finding one. I found the legacy...but Id prefer not to use legacy. Kind of pulled most of this out of my head from like 5years ago in ORK2, but much has changed so perhaps I missed something.
  • There are 2 currently available:

1) The 3D Action RPG's player setup, while using a slightly different setup due to using animator root motion is basically using such a setup.
    Instead of having the speed forwarded by the controls, you can also forward it in the animation settings as I mentioned above.

2) The 2D Grid Battle's player setup also uses this, and forwards some more stuff as well (move direction).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!