Hello,
I have a lot of combatants utilising the move AIcomponent. What would be a good way of optimising the MoveAIComponent.Update() over head? Are there some settings I can reduce etc.

Thanks
  • Use the Timeout setting in the Enemy Detection settings to limit how often the combatant will try to detect new targets.

Use the Target Position Check settings in the Enemy Detection settings to limit how frequent the movement position to the target is updated. Generally, the farther away the target is, the larger the interval can be.
    The setup depends on how your game is set up (e.g. size of combatants, camera view, etc.).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Thanks, I’m trying to reduce the cpu load where possible during the more densely populated battles
  • You can also limit the distance in which the move AI (and other things) can be used - e.g. if it's in a wide area you might not need far away combatants to perform actions or move.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!