edited March 2022 in ORK Support
Hello,

I was working on a schematic and it ended up causing a warning in the console:
Error occured in node editor: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.NodeEditor:ShowNodes (UnityEngine.Rect,GamingIsLove.Makinom.BaseNode,GamingIsLove.Makinom.BaseNode[],GamingIsLove.Makinom.NodeGroup[],System.Collections.Generic.List`1,string[]&)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.SchematicsTab:ShowNodeGrid (UnityEngine.Rect)
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.SchematicsSection:ShowAfterEditor ()
GamingIsLove.Makinom.Editor.MakinomEditorWindow:OnGUI ()
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

The issue is that now the schematic is unusable at the moment:
(Broken Schematic)image

Here is the schematic asset:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ngdcJDSaZbtLnTN2uzghnMHFMSK99e2A/view?usp=sharing

I don't think I did anything other than just clicking on nodes and moving them, so not sure what ended up triggering it.

EDIT: While re-creating the schematic I was able to see that doing a box select with the mouse is what caused it. Hopefully this gif helps some:

And here is the Schematic just before breaking. Repeating what is in the gif should recreate it for you (I hope)
(Pre-Broken)https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bQopOT6mbaihVaKY75kB0V8FPDANqTy4/view?usp=sharing

Also if there's an easier way to do what I'm attempting I'm totally open ears ;)
Post edited by Acissathar on
  • Will be fixed in the next update.
    The Call HUD node doesn't correctly close it's display conditions, leading to settings of nodes displayed after it (when having multiple nodes selected) be affected by it.

Next update will fix that and also add new safeguards to not be affected by this (and add warnings if something went wrong).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • @gamingislove Perfect, thank you!