Hi!

(I wasn't sure how to name the thread properly, but oh well...)

I have an issue that seems simple enough to fix, but I spent some time getting lost in the makinom options trying to figure it out :s

I have created an ability that uses a grid mask to determine the AoE. The ability strikes the cell in front of the user, as well as the two cells next to it (making a perpendicular line in front of the user). It works well but the problem is that when selecting the target, the user will simply not rotate toward the area the mouse cursor is, they will always target the 3 cells they currently face.

Now, I'm not sure where to fix that? Is it in the battle range template options? Is it in the ability's options? Is it in the Battles > Target Settings options? I have tried quite a few things but with no success.

Thing is, when I use a single target ability (such as a basic attack), my character turns, following the mouse cursor properly...

Thank you!

• For actions targeting cells instead of combatants, you can find the settings in the Target Cell Selection in Battles > Battle Grid Settings. E.g. the Rotate To Cell setting will rotate the combatant to the selected cell.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2022
    Aaaah I see. Thank you very much, the skill works properly now!

After playing with the skill a little bit, I have two more questions I haven't been able to solve.

1- When selecting the target cell for the AoE, enemies over the targetted cells aren't blinking to show they are targetted. (The blinking works properly when selecting the target with a basic attack.) Is there a way to make the affected characters blink when using a AoE?

2- Also, the player can use the ability I described in the original post even when there are no characters on any of the affected cells. Is there a way to prevent using an AoE skill if no enemy will be hit? The thing though is that sometimes, the targetted cell (the center one) is empty, but there are targets on its side, so it's important the player could still use that skill. (I tried to play with the Conditions in the Target Selection Settings... I created a condition to check if the target had more than 0 HP... and yeah it didn't work lol...)

Thank you again for your time, it's really appreciated.
    Post edited by max_power on
  • 1) No, cell targeting and combatant targeting work differently.

2) Currently not, cell targeting is independent from combatants being there.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Ok, thank you for the reply! It's really appreciated!