I wanted to know what would be the best way to implement a shared status.

For my case, I want it to build friendship/bond between combatants, so for each pair of combatants, there should be both an individual value and an individual max value, and I could also go with making this an experience-like stat, and make it level up the friendship of battlers. A good example of this system are the Fire Emblem games.

I haven't found support for this in the framework, so I thought of implementing it myself. But then again, I don't know if that's the best way around it, and if it is, I'd like to know if there is any extra configuration I may want to add to my personal code. While I'm on the subject, if there is any material that can give me information about how to customize my project with my own code while making it coherent with ORK, I'd love to know how to access it.

Thank you
  • Simple solution: change it on both combatants :)

Otherwise, you can use the Change Schematics of status values to automatically do things when a status value changes (also optionally limited to certain conditions, e.g. coming from abilities, change being negative, etc.). This could also be used to change status values on other combatants.

Alternatively, instead of status values (which can get out of hand if you have many combatants and need a stat for each), you can use variables, e.g. object variables on the combatants, using the other combatant's name as variable key.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!