Hi,
I am trying to make a game where people combatants can pilot vehicle combatants to join combat.

Stats:
Vehicles have their stats like attack, armor, power output, mobility, shield, etc.
While the people combatants have pilot skills, stamina, melee combat, ranged combat, etc.

They will have different equipment types.
Vehicles should have parts.
Pilots should have clothing, implants, etc.

Battle:
The vehicle combatants will need to have a pilot assigned to it.
And the pilot stats should affect the vehicle's hit rate, dodge rate, etc.

-----------------------
What I can think of is to programmatically create a piece of equipment that represents the stats of the pilot combatant.

And the vehicle combatant can equip it like a piece of normal equipment.

It sounds like a lot of work. So I would like to know how would you achieve it within ORK?
  • Hm ... that's somewhat complex. Maybe it'd be easier the other way, i.e. vehicles being equipped by combatants. Equipment can add abilities and override the combatant's base attack, give status bonuses and also add additional equipment slots to e.g. add the vehicle parts, etc.

Otherwise, making the combatant of a vehicle an equipment could be done. The Change Equip Status Value node can be used to change the status bonuses of an equipment, e.g. just setting it to a combatant's stats (one by one). It uses equipment stored in selected data, e.g. use a Select Item node to create a new instance of an equipment, change it's stats and equip it on your vehicle.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!