edited March 2022 in ORK Support
Hi, i have combat abilities with target range set to "none" for area attacks and a click to move navmesh schematic.
I'm attempting a turn based combat with gridless movement. The move ability target is selected with a raycast hit within its maximum range, but i want other combatants to be able to use the ability as well (same for area attacks).
How can i make ai combatants use these kind of abilities on nearest targets?

As a side note, mouse raycast target selection gets forwarded at user position and ignores actual cursor position if Use Input Keys is active and the accept key is used instead of mouse click.
Post edited by Vlastan on
  • Check out the AI/Auto Target Settings of the raycast targeting. They'll use the nearest or a random available target (based on the combatant's AI settings).

Will check out the mouse/input cursor handling.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I do have auto target enabled in the raycast selection, but in the battle ai schematic how do i actually tell the actor to make that selection ?
    Right now i'm testing the move ability, which has a maximum range based on combatant agility. I set that value to 100m to make sure the combatant weren't using the action because out of range, but that doesn't seem the case.

The battle ai checks if the nearest enemy is within attack range, if yes does attack, else uses the move ability at enemy to bridge the gap, very simple.
  • edited March 2022
    Vlastan said: I do have auto target enabled in the raycast selection, but in the battle ai schematic how do i actually tell the actor to make that selection ?
    That's done automatically with the found targets of the battle AI.
    Post edited by gamingislove on
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!