So I've created an ability that spawns particle effect prefabs on grid and uses the node Add Temporary Cell Event to add status effects for those grid cells. The problem is the cell event never gets added. This is what I'm doing in the ability animation.
-Select Grid Cells
--All Grid cells are selected except the origin
--Stored in Local "cell"
-Select Selected Data
--1 random cell is selected from "cell" into another Local Select Data "cell 1x"
-Add Temporary Cell Event
-Local Selected Data "cell 1x" is used for the Call Object and the status Effect is set to Add

When I check the grid cell during play none of the cells have an event on them. I know I'm getting a cell in "cell 1x" because the prefab I spawn always spawns in the correct position. Any idea what I could be doing wrong?
Images: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jls0wawx9wuc0yr/AAAPjRk_4kxryifYbVh1ezhTa?dl=0
  • Temporary cell events don't show up in the inspector, as it only shows the cell's settings (i.e. set up cell events).

Also, to use the cell event, it needs to be used in a schematic (e.g. the grid move schematic like in this example).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I see, after much fiddling around with Grid Events and Status Effects, I managed to achieve the desired results. When a combatant moves to a grid cell, the status effect is active. Once the combatant moves or is removed from the cell, the status effect is removed.
  • @gamingislove
    New question. How do I end a battle based on the death of a specific faction only? For example, I have a faction for enemies and one for neutral. The player and neutral faction can attack each other but I only want the battle to end when all the enemy faction dies. If I was able to set a battle to end when a specific faction or party group dies I believe that would achieve what I need.
  • You'd need to check that in the death schematics.

E.g. add a Enemies (Battle) type actor to have enemies of the player available. Use a Select Combatant node that uses all combatants of that actor and filter for them being alive. Use a Selected Data Count node to see if any alive combatant was stored.
    If no alive enemy of the player was found, you can use an End Battle node to end the battle with a defined outcome (e.g. victory).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Awesome, using Select Combatant and Selected Data Count did the trick. It's nice to know the solutions are all there, I just need to get more familiar with all the available options.