edited March 2022 in ORK Support
After following the 3D Playground tutorial, I'm still not exactly sure how to go about creating a schematic that controls multiple NPCs. I assume I need to do so by adding more than one object as an Actor got the schematic, but the tutorial only focuses on quests involving a single NPC. I'm looking to create schematics that animate multiple NPCs at once.

Example:
Speak to an NPC with an interaction machine, and during this schematic, another NPC game object (NPC 2) walks over to you.

Can you add an object from the scene as an actor in the schematics, and then utilize change position with that actor? If so, how do you register a specific NPC in a scene to be that actor? Is it as simple as naming the game object in the scene as "NPC 2" and then using Find Object to find "NPC 2" as the actor? I tried doing this and didn't have much success.
Post edited by LostForest on
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.
  • If the NPC is already in the scene, you can add Object type actors to your schematic. This allows you to select the actor's game object(s) in the machine component using the schematic.

Alternatively, the schematic can search for game objects in the scene. Either using a Find Object type actor or a Search Objects node (stores found game objects in selected data).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • edited March 2022
    Okay cool. I figured it out, but only when using tags. I can't get it to properly work while using the game object's name.

So basically, I have an NPC game object, which is an NPC combatant, the game object is named "Dog2", and have it tagged as NPC using a tag.
    When I use the Find Object actor, it doesn't work when I have it find a game object named Dog2, but if I have it find a game object tagged as NPC, then it works fine.

This is okay for now, but I don't want to have to rely on tags, since it's not very organized. What am I doing wrong for the Find Object name feature?
    Post edited by LostForest on

• Did a quick test and it's definitely working.
    Your setup also looks correct - make sure there isn't an accidental space at the end of 'Dog2' added to the game object or the search name :)

The game object needs to be in the scene when the schematic starts. If it's added later, you need to use a Find Actor Objects node to search for updated game objects (only Find Object type actors are updated here).
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I'll give it another go and check! Thanks!
  • Alright, it's working fine now. I think there was something weird going on with the game object itself, since it was a duplicate of another NPC game object. After making it from a new one, it worked perfect. Thanks for the help!