Hello,
I’m having some weird issues with my AI. For example, I have 4 people in my party, when they first join the party they’re very reluctant to attack, they’ll run to an opponent but do very little. Reloading usually fixes this and they follow and attack as normal. Even changing scene can effect them, they suddenly stop following the leader and just wander around, they also stop respawning by the player at the set distance. Again a reload fixes this.

The most bizarre issue I’m having is during the larger battles. The units with dumbed down AI get stuck in and attack but the more advanced party members do pretty much nothing but follow the leader, hardly attacking at all. Sometimes this switches around, and the party members go charging in but the units just swan around not charging at the enemies. The enemies also flip around if they using the same move AI as the units.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Regards
  • Check your AI and move AI ranges in the battle settings and the move AI settings of your used battle system. E.g. you can also completely disable using a range and have unlimited range for them.

Otherwise, this depends on if the combatants are in battle or not - naturally only combatants in battle will use their battle AI.
    What battle system are you using and how are the battles set up, e.g. for real time battles, are you using a Real Time Battle Area component?
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Hey,
    I’m using real-time battles. I’ve disabled different battle move AI for now. What’s weird is that I have functioning AI doing what it is supposed to until it gets added to the player group, they follow the leader but don’t attack, they just stand there. I’ve also noticed that if you change the move AI via an event on a mob it also stops attacking, a work around is to initialise the mobs level then it starts attacking again.
  • Im literally getting 2 mobs next to each other with the same move AI. I add one to the player group and it just follows, doesn’t attack. The one not in the player group will run past and start slapping the enemies around.

• The player group members are only AI controlled if you enable them being AI Controlled in their AI settings.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!