Hello,
I set up my interaction HUD as suggested in the tutorial (at least I think so), but I have noticed something odd - the HUD pops up only on mouseover, when I set the Interaction Source in UI > HUDs to "Cursor". When I use "Interaction Control", nothing happens and I can't get it to trigger anything. I noticed the tutorial is mainly for 3d, is there something else I need to do for a 2D game?
  • For a general setup, I have a locker object in the scene with an Interaction Machine, Rigidbody and Collider attached, and my player object has an Interaction Controller/Rigidbody/Collider attached but when I get close enough for a collision it doesn't register that an Interaction is possible, seemingly, although it does with a mouse. Is there something I'm missing about how interactions work? They involve colliders, don't they?
  • For 2D, make sure you only use 2D components, i.e. 2D colliders and 2D rigidbodies. 2D and 3D physics don't interact with each other, e.g. a 3D interaction controller can't recognize 2D colliders.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Oh man, I already forgot I posted this. I figured out the problem, I think I needed an extra collider to deal with triggers. Thanks for the help!