I am using a schematic node Spawn Combatant inside an ability's Battle Animation.
Unfortunately the combatant is set inside the schematic, so I have to duplicate the schematic to spawn different combatants.
Is there a way to assign/override the combatant in the ability outside the schematic?
  • Not directly.

You can spawn different combatants in the schematic by checking for some conditions first. E.g. you can use an ability variable to control which combatant is spawned. The ability is available as selected data via the key action in schematics animating it.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • In the ability variables section I can't seem to find the proper variable Type to use to select a combatant :(
    Is this the right setting?

• Variables are limited to bool, float, int, string and Vector3 values, so you can't set up combatants there.

How this works is to set up a variable, e.g. an int variable and check the variable in your schematic. Based on the value you can use different nodes to do different things, e.g. spawn different combatants.
    E.g.
    - value 0 > combatant A
    - value 1 > combatant B
    - value 2 > combatant C
    etc.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!