I added a battle grid to the 3D RPG Playground project. I'm trying to accomplish the following:
1) When the game starts I want to spawn the player on the grid without going through the placement UI.
2) Move (via the mouse) the player to the nearest cell I click on.
3) Highlight the grid cell the mouse if over.

I've tried several things but no luck so far.

Thank you,
MMalone
  • Battle grids are for battles and are currently not used outside of battle.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • I think I got confused when I was looking (I didn't go through the tutorial) at the 2D Grid Battle RPG tutorial. It looked like the game started outside of battle. I took a second look and realized my error.

#1 is still relevant. Can this be done?

Thank you,
    MMalone
  • Wanted to be a bit more specific. PlaceOnGrid node seems to be the one to use. However, the player is not placed in the center of a grid cell. So far I have not been able to make this work.

Thank,
    MMalone
  • Figured it out. If I put a wait after "PlaceOnGrid" the player is "warped" to the nearest deployment cell. Might be a good idea to put a "wait" option on the node.

Thank,
    MMalone