edited April 2022 in ORK Support
I'm using pixelcrushers Dialogue.

I'm using a Integration to start the dialogue with the Start Dialogue node, the dialog panel shows up but seems to ignore the keyboard and gamepad inputs.

The gamepad and keyboard work with both my character and the ORK's menu.

Is there any code blocking the gamepad and keyboard when using the Interaction component??

Thanks
Post edited by edwdcd on
  • edited April 2022
    The spawned _Makinom object has a child object EventSystem, which has a Makinom Input Module instead of the Standard Input Module, which is causing the the keyboard and gamepad not to work with the Dialogue System.

So I added a new EventSystem child object to the DialogManager object, when the game is run, the _Makinom child object EventSystem didn't get spawned and the Dialogue panel works.

Now the question is what's the effect of replacing Makinom Input Module with Standard Input Module can cause? or why is Makinom Input Module messing with KB and Gamepad inputs??
    Post edited by edwdcd on
  • I'm not sure if Pixel Crushers already finished their ORK 3 integration - but since it's handled by them, I'd recommend asking them about issues coming up with it.

As for the event system - the Makinom event system is basically the standard input module, just automatically using the accept/cancel input keys defined by Makinom. It doesn't block any controls.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • gamingislove said: I'm not sure if Pixel Crushers already finished their ORK 3 integration - but since it's handled by them, I'd recommend asking them about issues coming up with it.
    Dialogue System is updated to Ork 3. Quest Machine and Love/Hate coming in the near future (I have a whole email chain with Tony about Ork and Pixel Crusher).

And @edwdcd make sure you follow the integration guide and have the correct bridges on your game objects. As well you have to add the DS input manager in its setup so it can bridge.

I have DS working great in my Ork game. Just make sure you follow the guide as I didn't have to touch the event system at all.
    Currently making: Real-Time Diablo-like ARPG
  • edited April 2022
    @Solkyoshiro I followed the guide.
    Added

1. DialogueManger Prefab to the scene

Added the following components to the DalogueMager

2. Dialogue System Makinom Bridge
    3. Dialogue System Ork Bridge

The prefab DialogueManager already has the InputDevicemanager added

But the dialogue panels just won't respond to my gamepad input.
    Everything is pretty much default.
    Did I miss anything??
    Post edited by edwdcd on
  • @gamingislove
    As for the event system - the Makinom event system is basically the standard input module, just automatically using the accept/cancel input keys defined by Makinom. It doesn't block any controls.
    I have changed the Accept/Cancel and other Input Keys to the following the settings to work with the gamepad. I suppose this won't make cause any problems right with Dialogue System?? The ORK menu all work with this setting.

Accept
    Input Origin - Unity Input Manager
    Input Name - Submit

Cancel
    Input Origin - Unity Input Manager
    Input Name - Cancel