edited April 2022 in ORK Support
I have a 3D music player and have it set to play on "Trigger Enter." I also have a helper script attached to this music player to verify that the player is "triggering" the trigger. Despite the trigger clearly recognizing the player, the music player does not play the music.

Any ideas where I might be going wrong here? Thank you!

EDIT: I got it working using a condition check for a "Player" tag. I also had two colliders on my player gameobject which seemed to be causing an issue if they both were tagged as "Player." I'm still not totally sure why it's not working without this explicit tag check (unless it's not supposed to?), but fortunately it seems like this is a viable solution.
Post edited by GinMartini on
  • How's your player added to the game, e.g. like in this simple start schematic, i.e. ORK spawns it?

Using a standard setup created via the scene hierarchy context menu (e.g. Makinom > Music Player (3D)) should work out of the box with ORK's spawned player.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • My player is spawned per the tutorial, however I am using Opsive's Ultimate Character Controller (Third Person) which might have something to do with the odd behavior? I've been able to come up with solutions that let me continue to use it and utilize the parts of ORK Framework that are relevant to my project, though.

The "condition settings" that search for the "Player" tag work well with Interaction Controllers and the Music Players and starting battles. When I have some more time I will do some controlled disabling to see what components specifically are causing the problem (I'm guessing it's the UltimateCharacterControllerLocomotion, but not positive...).

Thank you for taking the time to respond!
  • Hm, as long as the game object is spawned through ORK (or set as ORK's player) it should be recognized by ORK as the player even when using Opsive.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!