Status Value Previews are showing correctly for the first group member, but they are not showing the correct values for the other group members. I'm using a click event with change menu user to change the combatant user in the shop. The current values are showing correct for all members, but the preview values are only working correctly for the first player of the group. The other members show as below in the picture.

Screenshot shows the mouse tool tip from a sword that adds attack and lower quickness. The preview for the second member has many status values changing?

• Hard to say if that's wrong or not without knowing details about the scenario (e.g. current equipment bonuses, etc.).
    Displaying the preview for an equipment also includes removing stuff from what's currently equipped on the equipment part. E.g. if the 2nd member has something equipped giving bonuses, those bonuses are removed if that equipment is replaced in the preview.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • All characters have the same equipment. The preview should only be changing the two status values shown on the weapon for all characters in this example. It is only working correctly for the first character (on left). The other three (members 1, 2 and 3) show a lot of values being affected.

Upgrading from 2.32beta to 2.34 fixed the preview problems for first character, but not the rest.
  • I found the the problem. Status value previews are not showing correctly if the combatant has a status effect on them. In my use case, I use status effects for each characters race. These effects add or subtract attributes depending on what race they are. (Dwarves may be stronger, but slower, stuff like that)

My human races are the base so there are no changes, so it works fine for those characters if they have no other status effect on them. For other races the previews are incorrect because of the status effects on them.

This also applies to any character that is under the effect of any status effect. The previews are incorrect for all those situations as well. I tested an example of my human character with a strength buff and the strength was incorrect for the status value preview.

• Hmm, I'll look into it - those effects should already be accounted for in the preview.
    Please consider rating/reviewing my products on the Asset Store (hopefully positively), as that helps tremendously with getting found.
    If you're enjoying my products, updates and support, please consider supporting me on patreon.com!
  • Tested this - yes, changes from status conditions are not part of previews, also from applied effects.
    Change those status bonuses to use the Bonus Settings instead and they'll work correctly.
  • Thank you for the update!

What is the difference between Status Conditions versus Status Value Bonuses? Is there a use case for each?

• Can Status Bonuses be set by formulas?

In my case, I have an ability that increases your strength. The value change is determined by formula. It doesn't look like Status Bonuses allow this. This means that Status Value Previews will not show correctly in these conditions. Is that correct?
  • Status conditions are intended for cumulative changes, e.g. every turn or every X seconds, which makes them not really previewable in the current status preview system. While they can also be used to add changes on apply/remove of an effect, they're not reflected in previews.

Status bonuses don't support formulas, so yeah, if you use status conditions, the previews will not show them.